It is almost 125 years since the Royal Colombo Golf Club was inaugurated. The stone was laid and a course was built on the Galle Face esplanade. The Royal Colombo is the second oldest Royal Calcutta outside the British Isles, with the Royal Calcutta Golf Club established 175 years ago identified as the oldest. During this period of time, every imaginable game was played on Galle Face and the playing area was so crowded, that golf was getting choked due to unlawful encroachment.
Facilities available within 10 km radius.
- Easy access to Colombo city center.
- Two minutes walk to the beach.
- Access to swimming pools at 3 nearby hotels.
- Walking distance to: Mount Lavinia town Super markets, Banks, Post office, Railway station and many local and International restaurants including McDonalds, Pizza Hut, KFC, etc.
- Supermarkets and shopping. complexes.
- Pubs, night clubs and casinos.
- Royal Colombo Golf Club (one of the five oldest in the world).
- Tennis Clubs
- Horseback riding.
- International Conference center – BMICH.
- National Zoological Garde.n
- National Museum.
- Spa and Ayurveda.
- Excel world Entertainment Park.